Page 1 of 63 1 234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: MrGrey's Work Thread

Default MrGrey's Work Thread

Hi guys this is a little test i have done from a tutorial i have been following about materials. Its Spec, Bump, Opacity done with various light settings. It may seem pretty basic to most of you but i'm pretty chuffed with it, even it is basic. I had a good tutorial for creating materials.

Anyway this is it, dont laugh! :P

Looking good mrG,

I did that tutorial too. Is it the one where it goes on to show you how to make bits of the sphere see through?

Looking good!
    Can you post the link to the tutorial please?

Doesn't look too shabby some of the bump mapping might be a little to heavy but meh personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheyid View Post
    Looking good!
    Can you post the link to the tutorial please?
    this is the one i did

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorial...ighting_08.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothnshiny View Post
    Yeah thats the one, i did add the opacity for the see through bits originally and it did work, but i messed around with something and it didnt come out in the final render, good tutorials on there though.

Another one before i go to work. I couldnt get the drum material perfected for some reason, i just used simple primitives for the box and drum....obviously! lol, As you can no doubt tell i have discovered the magic of creating materials I'm going to work more with them when i come home. Doing all this though you pick up 3ds max and photoshop very quick just from messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    When I first realised I could make materials in Max I got a bit giddy. Are you using the new node-based mat editor or the 'classic'?
    I switched to the classic material editor if thats what you mean as that was what i was used to on the 3ds max trial, havent tried node based yet. Yeah i'm going a bit nuts with creating materials, i have to tone it down a bit i think I am enjoying it though. I want to try and do a more detailed scene as the ones i'm doing are just messing with materials at the basic level.

Hi Guys

This is the same scene from earlier but with water instead of a floor, i searched a good tutorial for the water. I added a window but for some reason i couldnt get the burnt wood texture very good and also that bloody drum texture is pain in the bumhole for some reason. By the way i hope you dont mind but i may aswell use this thread as my "Look at what i did!" thread, hope you dont mind.

Last edited by Daniel (MrGrey) Jackson; 01-27-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Ok guys one last edit before i go to bed. I've decided to make it a basement scene, i've changed the light direction and settings. I've added two pipes, one going up the wall and one going into the wall. I've also added stairs. I think i'm overdoing the bump thing at the moment but i'm enjoying it! lol. I shall tweak more as the days go on. By the way the pipe going into the wall took me a bit to do because i basically cloned a few small tubes for the bend, i'm sure theres an easier way than that to do a bend in a pipe.